What is Title I?
Title I is a federal program that offers supplemental funds to qualifying schools. The eligibility of a school to receive Title I services is determined by the number of students receiving free or reduced cost meals.
The Goal of Title I is to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach proficiency on state academic achievement standards.
Title I instruction is supplemental and does not take the place of regular classroom instruction.
Title I Funds Provide
- Reading and Math Intervention and Support
- Saturday School
- Parent Involvement Activities and Online Resources
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Supplies and Materials
Tips for Helping At Home
- Encourage the importance of daily attendance.
- Make a place in your home for your child to do homework/read.
- Make sure your child reads 20 minutes daily.
- Help your child learn academic vocabulary.
- Show your child that math is in our everyday lives.
Will Rogers Title I Teachers
Title I Reading Specialist– Mrs. Mikela Williams
Title I Math– Mrs. Dana Coffman
Title 1 Student & Parent Support Specialist- Ms. Taysha Foshee
Title I Teachers –
Mrs. Susan Anderson
Mrs. Miriam Aurobindo
Mrs. Donna Bergmann
Mrs. Peggy Galloway